Thursday, February 15, 2007

SLEEP

I have recently picked up a new hobby, sleep. I sleep on average, about 14 hours a day. Not all at once, but I'll sleep for ten or twelve hours at night, then I take my mandatory nap at my discretion. The only difference between my nap and my normal sleep is the location. Naps generally take place on my couch, but they also occur on comfy chairs and occasionally on a towel at the beach.
The weird thing is, sleeping this much has never been so fulfilling until now. When I was growing up you couldn't pay me to sleep or take a nap. The ironic thing is that's exactly what my parents are doing now. You would think that I'd feel lazy or bad about sleeping to such excess, but I don't for any reason. The only thing that makes me have the slightest regret for the amount of time I dream during the day is when my roommates get all "Carpe Diem" on me and tell me all the things they've done during the day before I wake up.
I think the reason I have increased my daily dream intake lately is because I know I'm graduating and have to enter the real world in a couple months. This might be my last chance I ever have to waste so much time and not have any consequences.

1 comment:

marissa said...

as someone who suffers from insomnia, I am very very jealous.