Friday, February 16, 2007

ROOMMATE PRANKS

Last year when I came to school, I got setup to live with this random kid that I had never met. He seemed like a relatively nice guy at first and we generally got along. This was before I realized how much he bugged; the kid is socially awkward and ended up never leaving the apartment. We shared a room and had this awful bunk-bed situation going on that made us pretty much hate each other by the end of the year.

The situation got bad enough that we waged war on each other. This war was not spoken about, it was a silent war that took place through pranks and subtle backhanded compliments or actions. It was much easier for me to get him, because he was always at home. Seriously, the kid never left except to go to class, work, or to get food.

One of my favorite pranks was one that worked over and over again for some reason. On the kitchen sink, I taped the pull out spray handle shut, so it would squirt straight out when he went to turn on the faucet. It was fantastic and really funny when it worked, he never saw it coming. Pretty much every time I left the house I would turn up the heater (if it was hot outside) or the air conditioning (if it was cold outside) just to make him uncomfortable. Kryptonite U-Locks (used to lock bikes) came in handy in many different fashions. Locking the refrigerator, our one bathroom, locking my bike to his so he can't use it until I unlocked it, and one night when he really pissed me off he woke up with it around his neck. This sounds mean but it was justified because of what he did the night before. Double parking my car behind his and not leaving my key was always a plus. Dixie-cupping the apartment took some effort but it was great when I took the time to do it. For those of you who don't know what this is, its when you cover the ground from wall to wall with little Dixie paper cups with water or beer. When he wakes up in the morning, he can't take one step out of bed without moving cups. There are only two ways to get out, spill all the cups or drink them one by one until you clear a pathway to get out.
I feel as though I won the prank war, and now when I see him around campus he won't even look at me. I love making new friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How weird can you act when interviewing to be someone's roommate? The San Francisco Roommate Experiment