Monday, February 19, 2007

MY CLEANING LADY STEALS

In my apartment at school, it was in our lease agreement that we must have a cleaning lady come in and clean our place once every other week. I am really good about cleaning up after myself, so she doesn't usually have much of a job to do when she comes in. The housing company makes its tenants have a cleaning service because its less expensive than repairing damages or replacing dirty carpet at the end of a lease.

For some unknown reason to me, our cleaning lady gets on my nerves. I couldn't tell you why, she just does. The only thing that she does that warrants any sort of hatred towards her is the fact that she steals our cleaning supplies. She has made off with all my regular household cleaning supplies. I guess this cuts down on overhead costs for her, but it sucks for us when something gets dirty in between her visits. So what I have been contemplating is; how to confront or ask her about it. This seems like a pretty steep accusation for me to make about our cleaning lady. I would like to avoid confrontation. Also, I'm pretty sure she doesn't speak much English, and my Spanish is mediocre at best.

After extensive brainstorming, the best possible thing I could think of was to sabotage her to get her back. I was thinking about putting super glue on the top of a sponge, so if she tries to steal it will be stuck to her hand. Another idea that came to me was to fill a box of dishwater soap (one of the items she has stolen in the past) with another kind of soap that will create an excess amount of suds if she tries to use it in her own dishwasher. These are just a couple of semi-evil ideas that I will most likely not do, even though I have the time to waste completing such tasks. If anyone has any better ideas, both mature or extremely immature, please let me know.

No comments: