Friday, February 16, 2007

2 MOVIES EVERYONE MUST OWN




There are two movies I cannot live without. They are both early '90s classics about two of my favorite things to do: surf and play volleyball. Some of the lines in the movies are so terribly awesome that I watch each movie an average of two times a week. Also, if I could raid the wardrobe for both of these movies, that is all I would wear. No joke. North Shore (1987) is about this kid from Arizona that goes to the North Shore of Hawaii and tries to surf with the professionals, and via a cheesy monologue gets really good in no time and ends up winning the Pipeline Masters. Side Out (1990) is about a kid from Milwaukee that moves to Los Angeles to work for his uncle as a lawyer, but ends up (via an equally cheesy monologue) training and winning the Jose Cuervo Classic tournament in Hermosa. One of my favorite lines in Side Out is "The Classic is four weeks away, and you're not looking very classic."

No comments: