Monday, January 22, 2007

BORED IN CLASS, PART II

How I got kicked out of Spanish class:

I had been "celebrating" my friend's brake-up with his girlfriend, who I referred to as "the devil." We started drinking at about 11am, which is a perfectly healthy college start time. So naturally I walk into class a good twenty minutes late. My answer to my teacher's inquiry of Como estas? was "you're the reason I have to press one to speak English" which apparently I thought was an appropriate joke at the time. She let that slide because I participate and try way more than most of the kids in my class. What she did not let slide, and got me kicked out of class was what happened next. She was looking up a word in the Spanish-to-English dictionary because she wasn't sure about the correct usage of a word. She took a little too long for my patience at the time, so I decided to say "its in alphabetical order." This did not go over well, as she replied with, "adios Justino" (my name in Spanish) and asked me to leave. She likes me and told me that she thought I was charming during the previous class meeting, so I'm not too worried. If anything else comes up I'll let you know.

No comments: