Monday, March 19, 2007

Greatest quote, probably ever

Long-story short, my friend and I were 'cougar hunting' (which is an entire post by itself and I will go into depth later) at this bar in Carona Del Mar and my friend had the best quote I have ever heard. I did not realize his genius for a couple hours until we got home, otherwise I would have been laughing hysterically in the bar. So anyway, here's the setup:

We were standing at the bar ordering drinks, and this lady walked up and asked my friend to buy her a drink, to which he responded with:

"How about, if you end up going home with me tonight, I will reimburse you for all the drinks you buy tonight, up to $50"

She promptly responded by calling him an asshole and walking away.

I held up my part of the insult by yelling out "save your receipts" as she walked away.

What I find especially funny is that he had the presence of mind to put a $50 limit on the amount of alcohol he would cover for the night, as if that is the amount of booze it would take her to go home with him.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Props to your friend for the originality ... Can't believe she actually asked him for a drink outright ... some cougars!

marissa said...

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this one.